Update on the Kraft Global Fellows Program 2021/2022
The Office of the University Chaplain continues to observe the University's policy on international travel. We are following university guidelines and public health policies for hosting destination countries.
We will be announcing soon the next trip for the Kraft Global Fellows Program. See the link for Columbia University's policy on travel.
Please continue to check our website for any updates related to the KGF program.
If you are interested in applying to the program, please carefully consider the instructions below on how to apply.
Students who are currently registered as full-time Columbia University undergraduate or graduate students are eligible to apply.
Online, part-time, or students at affiliated institutions cannot be considered for the Kraft Global Fellows Program.
(Affiliated institutions are Barnard College, Union Theological Seminary, and Teachers College.)
Please submit the following materials for your application.
- Letter of Intent
- Updated resume
- A current list of student activities and leadership roles at Columbia University
- Official transcript (Electronically)
(Please refer to the Office of the University Registrar for a copy)
- Copy of your passport
- Writing sample (Sample can be any past written work)
- Two letters of recommendation – at least one from your academic advisor and/or a faculty member
When submitting please name all files with your first and last name. (i.e Elmer_Barcenes_Resume)
Submit all application materials to Elmer Barcenes at [email protected]
A letter of intent is a required application material.
Please detail your interest in the Kraft Global Fellows Program group research trip. Include a demonstrated interest in religion, intercultural, or interfaith understanding.
Only students that have submitted All of the requested materials by the deadline will be considered. No exceptions.
- Students are required to interview with Chaplain Davis and the KGF advisory group to discuss their interests in this group project.
- No exceptions will be made for new passports or passport renewals.
- Only students selected for interviews will be contacted.
Check frequently for deadline submission dates. More information to follow.